Friday 3 April 2015

Skitarii Rangers and Martian Ironearth

Finally... After months of waiting... They have come... The warriors of Adeptus Mechanicus, the Skitarii!

I'm a fan of Ad Mech and I really really hoped, that the rumours about releasing a new army of Ad Mech were true - and here we have it! Yesterday I had a chance to buy my box of the Rangers/Vanguard and new technical paint - the Martian Ironearth. Of course I couldn't stop myself from painting at least one of the Skitarii (and I ended up making two of them:P).

I have to say that I am amazed by the quality and details of the new miniatures - GW as always have made a top quality product. Inside of the box we can find 11 bases - 10 round (I don't know why, but I got 11) and 1 bigger (as shown above), 1 small (really small... like half of the standard one) transfer sheet, instruction and 3 sprues. What's interesting - inside of the instruction they have written basic rules for the units (just infantry rules without weapon profiles).

The sprues include parts to make 9 rangers/vanguard, 3 special weapons and Alpha. There is a wide range of various head to choose from and Alpha has 3 CCW options and 3 pistol options. The special weapons included are Plasma Caliver, Arc Rifle and Transuranic Arquebus.

I had a lot of fun with assembling and painting and I can't wait to make more of them!

And what about the Martian Ironearth? Well... it's Agrellan Earth but red, that's all - but I like it anyway!

If you want to see more of my first 2 Skitarii then visit my gallery HERE.

Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

No comments:

Post a Comment