Friday 29 November 2013

The Warp Survivors Squad

As you know I started this hobby with a "Battle for Macragge Paint Set" which included 3 dry-fit Space Marines, and after that I bought some more of them. At this time I didn't plan to make a SM Chapter of my own or to paint all of them in one colour scheme, I just wanted to have fun while painting them. But after the creation of the Ubermarines chapter I didn't know what to do with these 7 miniatures. I didn't want to repaint them because I liked the way they look, but I wanted them to be part of the story about my chapter. So what did I do?

I bought another set of 3 dry-fit miniatures to have full squad of 10 units and I wanted them to be one special multichapter squad. An that's how I created the Warp Survivors!
 10 space marines who have been captured by the warp and held there for centuries, 10 who actually managed to get free, 10 who stayed loyal  to the Emperor! Somehow they managed to get out of this dimension and they have landed on the plant Masyafuss, far away from Terra. They didn't have any possibility to get back to their chapters, they were trapped on this damned planet. After the arrival of the Ultramarines and converting them into Ubermarines all of the Warp Survivors decided to join them, but under one condition - they were allowed to keep the colours of their chapters.


I had a lot of fun painting these miniatures, I can actually see a progress in my painting skill on them. Just compare my first models of Ultramarines with Blood Ravens of the Imperial Fist. I'm really glad and proud of that:) I hope that one day I'll have enough self confidence and skill to show some of my models on The Fang Competition.

I also wanted to tell you that I know that these miniatures look too nice and clean, that Marines who have been in the warp should be dirty etc. Don't worry, I won't leave them like this. I will do some battle damage to them and I thought about buying some of these new special paint that Games Workshop have released this month. I think that I will add some blood stains with Blood for the Blood God, some Typhus Corrosion I think and also some mud dirt on the armor with Agrellan Earth. I will also do some real damage to them as well, some cracks and scars, bullet holes etc. I hope that in the end they will look badass!

And just to mention it - I'm most proud of these four; I really like the Blood Ravens and I really enjoyed painting the Imperial Fist!

And now I'm afraid that I won't be able to paint miniatures for some time. I still have 3 IG Guardsmen, but I have to buy new brushes and new glue and I don't know when I'll be able to do this.

Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

No comments:

Post a Comment