Friday 2 May 2014

Brute strenght and furious violence

I've been looking forward to this day since I bought the Dark Vengeance starter set - to convert and paint the Hellbrute, the chaotic counterpart of the Imperial Dreadnought or rather something what used to be it in the past.

This model is my first serious conversion - I didn't want this hellbrute to end up as a standard DV Hellbrute with powerfist and multimalta - I really wanted to create something unique and that's why I've changed the head of the Marine inside of this machine and the main weapon.




As you can see I've replaced the multimelta with reaper autocannon - for this I used autocannons from the Cadian Heavy Weapon Team set. I wanted this weapon because of it's power and this "reaper" variant is unique for Chaos Space Marines so I thought that it's the most proper option for this brutal soldier.

I also replaced the "face" inside of the sarcophagus so it would be more unique. For this I used spare Space Marine helmet which I had modified a little. I've cut it's visor and rebreather (is this what this part is called?) to form it in the "T" shape - to make it look like helmet of Boba Fett from Star Wars.



I have to say that the result is awesome, I'm really proud of this model :3





Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

No comments:

Post a Comment