Tuesday 4 August 2015

"Even in death I still serve"

Dreadniughts - I have been always fascinated with these big and powerful units. I like it's design, I enjoy watching it as it's destroying enemies in Dawn of War games and I have done it by myself in Space Marine game. But I always wanted to have at least one of them in my own collection. I know - I have a hellbrute, but it's not the same. I wanted ancient warior who would aid my loyalists in battle. And this year my Girlfriend had a fantastic surprise for my birthday :3

Here it is: a mighty Venerable Dreadnought!


It was one of the most pleasant models to assemble and paint. I really like when I have a lot of options for equipment and design to choose from - and this set had it. I've chosen to equip it with classic Assaultcannon and Powerfist combo.

As you can see I used to Skitarii transfers because GW didn't make any of them for Iron Hands, but I think that they also suit this Legion. I tried to paint a freehand insignia of IH but I've decided to cover it up ith purity seal:P





At this moment my Iron Hands army is made of 1 Dreadnought and 1 Marine - I know it's not much, but it's a nice start. I'm planning to buy Iron Hands Upgrade Pack soon and I'll buy either Tactical Squad or Devastators and something else (but since I have a Dreadnought I'd rather buy Tacticals and Commander to make a Battleforce).

Ok, that's all for today, next time I'll show you something tzeentchy!

Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Very clean edge highlighting, ogod job on the barrels! (looks fab), and just a great overall job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I always try to do my best:)

      Delete