Wednesday 20 May 2015

Change of plans

There was a thing about which I have thought for a long time now - it's my Space Marine Chapter, the Übermarines. I'm not so happy with them, they lack something, they lack lore, originality, their "spirit". They seem a little boring to me and also they are succesors of the Ultramarines - I respect them, but I don't like them too much. And because all of that I've decided to start making another chapter, but I didn't know which one. Well, I didn't know until the release of Skitarii.

Some of you might know already which chapter I've decided to pick - yes, it's the Iron Hands, one of the original twenty legions, the first one to lose the Primarch and one which is most ignored and forgotten among the Space Marine players.

Why them? It's all because of the Adeptus Mechanicus! And now I can have brand new units of Skitarii which will be aided by Iron Hands, Chapter which is in close relations with Ad Mechs!

And here he is, the first of my Iron Hands!






I have to say that I'm happy with that model, it's unique because of his Vox-caster backpack and I've made him out of the spare parts I had - sadly it means that he's the only one I could make this time, I'll have to buy IH Upgrade Pack and new SM models.

And one last thing, take a look at his right pauldron - it has insygnia of Anvil, the symbol of my clan, Clan Innean - it is Iron Hand, but I had to add my little addition to it:)

Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

No comments:

Post a Comment