Sunday 11 October 2015

The hunt begins...

Today I'm going to show you my first Chaos Space Marines Raptor. It's obviously painted in blue and gold of the Thousand Sons Legion, and it's armed with chainsword and boltpistol. I've always wanted to have a unit with jumppacks and this time has finally come!



I know it's been a while since GW has updated Raptors design, but I have to say that I really like how does it look now. First of all - Raptors have now more or less "normal" helmets and you can see that this one has a slightly warped MK IV Maximus helmet (one of my favourite armour variants). The next thing is the jumppack - I know that there are lots of people who got used to and loved the old Raptors and to be honest I'm not one of them. I like how these jumppacks resemble preheresy MK II/III variants with a little of the mutation, they are no longer looking like vacuum cleaners:P

What I really like about this set are the bits. Since you can make out of them both Raptors and Warp Talons it leaves you with couple of weapons - flamers, meltas, pistols, chainswords or even pairs of lightning claws! And I really like the "predatory" look of these weapons - just notice how the chainswords are different from what you used to see!





I think it's enough for today, I don't know what else I can write about this. All I can tell you is to prepare yourself for the Raptors Champion and some ancient warriors...



Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

2 comments:

  1. If you get a chance, take some photos on a medium grey,or dark grey background. The white is washing out a lot of the color you put into the model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are right - I've been thinking about changing the background recently. Right now I can't do it (and I have already taken few more photos on this background) but I will! Maybe I'll even retake some of the photos if it turns out good:)

      Thank you for your advice!

      Delete