Wednesday 10 July 2013

The Beginning

I thought that I'll start presentation of my miniatures with my first set.

Around 2006 I bought RTS game "Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War" - and it was the beginning of my fascination with this universe. When I had chance I bought "Battle for Macragge Paint Set" - it was perfect way to begin my hobby. In this set I received 1 starter brush, 6 paints and 3 "dry-fit" Tactical Space Marines. After reading short manual about painting miniatures I started to glue parts together and paint my first Space Marine. I didn't have much choice about chapter of these 3 soldiers, colours of the paints in this set only allowed me to paint theme in Ultramarines scheme, but I liked it anyway. Since that day I started to play DOW with Ultramarines only.




After those 6 years I reapainted some parts of them to keep them looking like new ones. That's how they look today (decoration of the bases were added this year, about month ago):

(I know that this picture doesn't look so good, I'm thinking about how to take better and more "professional" photos - if you have any tips, hints, advices, please leave them in comments, I'll appreaciate it:) )

Captain Dred - hobbyst and gamer; painting 40k miniatures since 2012; addicted to everything 40k related: games, books, comics and movies. Praising Omnissiah and serving Tzeentch.

No comments:

Post a Comment